Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Royal Manitoba Winter Fair

We spent the day today at the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair.  Is was a great day but also a very tiring one.  Chasing my two year old while wearing my ten week old was definitely a great workout.  My son really enjoyed seeing all the animals and getting to touch, pet and feed them.  He really enjoyed the grain elevator in one of the play areas.  He also really enjoyed watching the horses in the big show ring.  Although we had fun it was not without it's meltdowns.  He was up early this morning and didn't nap while we spent the day walking around at the fair.  I was very grateful for my Bamberoo mei tai carrier and my Sleeping Baby Productions ring sling.  I would not have survived the day without them.

My son really loved the animals so much that it really made think our eventual move to a farm is going to be such a great thing for our family.  He was so enthralled with everything to do with the farm that I know he is a farm kid at heart and needs to be in the open space and air. 

We are headed back to the fair on Friday for another day of fun. Although this time I am taking my husband with me so he can help me wrangle the two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment