Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sorry and Update

Well where has the time gone... I am apparently not the best blogger but I am going to better this time around. 
Things have changed a lot since I last posted.  I am back on maternity leave, I gave birth to a little girl on January 9th.  I say little but she was 9lbs 9ozs and 22 inches long so really not all that little.  I was very happy that I was able to do it all natural.  I recovered so much faster from this birth than I did from my first.  I tried to do it naturally with him as well but because of some complications I was not able to do it without the epidural. 
As for our crunchie lifestyle we are still headed down that path.  I am knitting like crazy and recently bought a knitting machine to try out.  I love that I can make clothing for my children and my nieces, and nephews.  I have also continued to preserve food.  I canned 200lbs of tomatoes this fall in to various yummy things.  I also canned 5 cases of peaches and 3 cases of pears.  We have been eating very tasting things all winter.  I was able to find free run chickens and I loaded my freezers with them, I also shared in the purchase of beef from my Uncle.  So we have been able to eat meat this year knowing the source of it. 
I have been busy bugging my husband to move us to the country.  We have been looking at land and have narrowed it down to one spot we really like.  We are just working out the details and hopefully by 2013 we will building our dream home.  If we do get this spot it will take us this summer to prepare the lots and dismantle the current buildings on the site.  We are hoping to re purpose the the lumbar from the existing building to build our house. 
Well that is a little update from me and I promise to do a better job at blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment